Housing Specialist Career Opportunity
Are you positive, motivated, and looking for a rewarding career? The Crookston Housing and Economic Development Authority (CHEDA) is seeking qualified candidates for a Housing Specialist. This dynamic position works with the Housing and Urban Development (HUD) rental assistance programs. This critical team member will also support projects that result in growth and development opportunities for the community.
- On the job training.
- Salaried/exempt position, $35,568-$40,000 annually based on experience.
- Paid Holiday’s, Vacation, and Sick Leave.
- 100% employer paid health insurance for single coverage. Single+ dependent and family coverage available.
- Dental, vision, short term disability, accident, cancer, and critical illness available.
- Pension retirement plan – Public Employees Retirement Association (PERA) with employee and CHEDA contribution.
- $25,000 employer paid term life/AD&D insurance.
Schedule: Full-Time Days (Monday-Friday 8:00am-4:30pm)
Ability to Demonstrate these Skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Organize, prioritize, and multitask.
- Listen, engage, and interact positively with clients, elected, and appointed officials.
- Be prompt, professional, and trustworthy in all situations.
- Provide superior customer service.
- Maintain and value client confidentiality.
- Perform tasks in accordance with standards established in policies and procedures.
- Support CHEDA’s values of respect, integrity, and professionalism.
- Must be computer proficient with a working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Two years of successful work experience.
- Current and valid driver’s license, proof of auto insurance, and insurable driving record following City guidelines.
- Successful completion of criminal background checks to be eligible for employment.
Associate degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in business administration, social work, sociology, or a related field.
Closing Date: Monday, October 25, 2021
How to Apply?
Submit a cover letter and resume via email to:
Email: [email protected] or
Mail/In Person Drop Off: Crookston Housing and Economic Development Authority (CHEDA), 510 County Road 71, Crookston, MN 56716