Promoting strong, viable communities for all Minnesotans
A leading statewide housing and community development organization enhancing the knowledge and effectiveness of our members through professional development, advocacy and service.
Minnesota NAHRO pursues its mission by providing a forum to exchange information and keep abreast of current community development strategies and best practices. Minnesota NAHRO provides valuable resources and educational opportunities through statewide conferences and training.
Our members include over 400 individuals, including agency commissioners; 150 Agency Members; and 50 other for-profit and non-profit organizations.
Our member agencies own and operate more than 21,000 public housing units across the state. In addition, our members administer affordable housing programs such as 31,000 Section 8 vouchers, over 10,000 rural development units, foreclosure prevention, homebuyer education, and loan financing.
In the jurisdictions they serve, member agencies also address community revitalization and economic development needs. The populations served by these programs are often the most vulnerable including:
- 64 percent of the households are headed by seniors or those with disabilities
- Nearly 75 percent of the residents of public housing have annual incomes of under $15,000
- One-third of public housing residents are children, many of whom are at high risk of homelessness or recently homeless
Minnesota NAHRO and its member agencies are critical partners at the local level to address community redevelopment.
Every day, the members of Minnesota NAHRO provide affordable housing and livable communities for all Minnesotans through the association of its agency members.
- Every day, the members of Minnesota NAHRO provide affordable housing and livable communities for all Minnesotans through the association of its agency members.
- We promote strong, viable communities for all Minnesotans, particularly those with low and moderate incomes.
- We provide forums to exchange information and keep abreast of current housing and community development strategies and best practices.
- We offer educational opportunities and broaden the experience of our members through statewide conferences and trainings.
- We advance legislative policies at the state and federal level to ensure resources and programs for affordable housing and community development.
Staff Contact information
Shannon Guernsey, Executive Director
[email protected] or [email protected]
Minnesota NAHRO (Map on Google)
555 N. Wabasha Street Suite 245
Saint Paul, MN 55102