Each year, Minnesota NAHRO awards scholarships for post-secondary educational programs. There are up to three $1,000 Scholarships available. The scholarship winners are also eligible to advance to the regional and national rounds where additional scholarships are awarded.
The scholarships are for residents of publicly-owned housing units or participants in a rent assistance program & may be used for any accredited post-secondary education program, except for graduate or post-graduate programs.
Each year our goal is to award at least two $1,000 scholarships to student applicants who are sponsored by active MN NAHRO Agency Members and selected as winners. Each agency member may sponsor only one applicant.
To be eligible to apply for the Minnesota NAHRO Scholarship Program, an applicant must:
- Be a resident of a publicly-owned housing unit or a participant in a rent assistance program administered by a Minnesota NAHRO agency member.
- Be enrolled in a post-secondary program or be accepted into a post-secondary program beginning in Fall 2020.
- Education programs must be accredited and may not be graduate or post-graduate programs.
- Have a cumulative grade point average of 2.5 or better on a scale of 4.0. (Applies to current students only.)
For an applicant with a household annual income at or below 50% of the area median income for family size as determined by HUD, they will also qualify for NCRC Scholarship program.
- Application due to sponsoring agency member March 13, 2020
- Applications due to Minnesota NAHRO March 20, 2020
Scholarships are funded by the proceeds of the many fun activities at the conferences, including golfing, fishing, bingo, and other emerging leaders events
The Scholarship Application period is now closed until 2021
2019 Scholarship Award Recipients
- Emily McKenzie from Duluth HRA (Also won at the regional and national levels)
- Omar Ahmed Abduhalli from Scott County CDA
- Keyri Gutierrez from Worthington HRA
2018 Scholarship Award Recipients
- Sophia Abdullah from Clay County HRA (Also won at the regional and national levels)
- Natasha Gordon from Duluth HRA
2017 Scholarship Award Recipients
- Michelle Russell from St. Louis Park HRA
- Deonna Tate from Scott County CDA
- Laura Garaghty from SEMMCHRA
2016 Scholarship Award Recipients
- Zoe Peterson from St. Louis Park HRA
- Caitlin Strenge from Luverne HRA
- Priscilla Johnson from SEMMCHRA
2015 Scholarship Award Recipients
- Dillion Weimann from Dakota County CDA
- Veronika Vodolazska-West from Duluth HRA
2014 Scholarship Award Recipients
- Jenna Clobes from St. Louis Park HRA
- Jasmyne Hamilton from St. Paul PHA
- Ramsey Tanner from Luverne HRA
2013 Scholarship Award Recipients
- Choua Xiong from Duluth HRA
- Feyeso Ombe from St. Paul PHA
- Bret Salter from Clay County HRA
- Brittany Edman from Luverne HRA