APPLY BY 11/15/2022
Douglas County Housing and Redevelopment Authority (Douglas County HRA) provides affordable housing services to both Douglas and Pope Counties in West Central Minnesota. The organization owns 28 public housing units located in various communities throughout Douglas County. The agency also owns four apartment buildings and six duplexes. They also manage two apartment complexes. Douglas County HRA programs include Section 8 rental assistance, Public Housing, Rehab Loan Assistance, Bridges Rental Assistance, Security Deposit Loans, and Down Payment Assistance. There are six total staff and an annual budget of $1.2 million.
PRIMARY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
Reporting to Douglas County HRA’s Board of Directors, the Executive Director (ED) is responsible for the overall leadership of the organization. The ED also oversees planning for the ongoing operations. Finally, the ED ensures that the Douglas County HRA’s mission to “provide safe, comfortable, and affordable housing; economic opportunity; and a suitable living environment free from discrimination” continues to make a positive impact in Douglas County and the surrounding areas. The primary responsibilities include:
- Executive Leadership: Hire, develop, and retain qualified and motivated staff; Encourage a learning environment and culture of commitment; Foster a culture of cooperation and mutual respect, focusing on outstanding performance.
- Financial Management: Oversee the HRA’s finances; Provide timely and accurate reports to HUD; Ensure the agency operates in a fiscally responsible manner; Keep the board informed of financial, operational, and other critical issues.
- Marketing and Communication: Represent Douglas County HRA at formal public events, among peer organizations, and in the community; Serve as the primary organization representative with county and civic government; Advocate for the support of the agency’s programs and services.
- Board Relationship Management: Maintain an open and productive relationship with the Douglas County HRA’s Board of Directors; Maximize Board engagement; Clearly communicate goals for financial and programmatic stability and growth.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in housing, economic development, community development, planning, public administration, or human services. Master’s degree preferred. Housing Development Finance coursework; certifications preferred. Certifications from federal (HUD, USDA) and state programs a plus.
- Five years’ related experience with HUD or similar projects in a non-metropolitan setting.
- Three years’ experience in project management.
- Strong leadership skills for developing and motivating staff in a team environment.
- Compassion and passion for the work of affordable housing.
- Demonstrated success achieving clear, creative, and sustainable housing solutions.
- Strong knowledge of applicable laws, regulations, policies, procedures, current literature, trends, and developments in community/affordable housing development and planning with a focus on under-served communities.
- Strong financial management skills – including HUD report writing.
- Cultural competency with Spanish-speaking communities.
- Effective public speaking, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Basic skills in word processing, spreadsheets, property management software, and other software necessary to perform the job.
- Previous HRA experience a plus.
- Previous experience with special projects in Minnesota a plus.
The salary range for this position is $75K-$90K and is commensurate with experience and qualifications. In addition, Douglas County HRA offers a competitive comprehensive benefits package.
Douglas County is committed to social, racial, gender, and economic justice and strongly encourages women, veterans, persons with disabilities, and individuals who identify as BIPOC or LGBTQ to apply. The organization will begin reviewing applications November 15, 2022. Cincinnatus invites interested candidates to send an electronic letter of introduction and résumé to [email protected], or a hard copy to Employment, Cincinnatus, 1041 Grand Avenue, PMB 229, Saint Paul, MN 55105.