THE WEEK IN HOUSING
RECENT NEWS & UPDATES FROM MINNESOTA NAHRO
The recent frigid temps have meant maintenance emergencies for many of you – hang in there as you cope with it all. This member update has our upcoming events offered by Minnesota NAHRO including the next COVID call on Friday. Plus check out the many opportunities for your residents.
COVID Fatigue? Strategies to Help Your Front Line Staff & Residents
Join us next week for this timely online training to help you address COVID fatigue among your staff and residents. The call will focus on:
- the importance of self care and strategies for housing authorities to support front line staff
- de-escalation techniques especially for those day to day interactions that are faced by our staff and tenants
- how “trauma informed care” can improve the way in which we communicate with our staff and tenants to reduce potential triggers
POHP Funding Webinar on Monday, March 1 at 10am
Up to $15 million in funding from the proceeds of General Obligation (GO) bonds is now available for the rehabilitation and preservation of public housing units. Applications are due by 12:00 p.m. on Thursday, April 29, 2021.
Register for the informational webinar on Monday, March 1, 2021.
Showcase Your Local Artist in our Annual Poster Contest
Join us for our annual poster contest for youth who live in affordable housing owned or administered by NAHRO member agencies. Minnesota NAHRO encourages our members to hold local contests and send in their winners from each age category to compete in the Minnesota NAHRO contest. The top three winners in each age category is then sent on to NCRC.
Calling All Our Minnesota NAHRO Scholars!
Each year, Minnesota NAHRO awards scholarships for post-secondary educational programs as part of our Carol Schultz Educational Scholarship Program. The scholarships are for residents of publicly-owned housing units or participants in a rent assistance program & may be used for any accredited post-secondary education program. Urge your scholars to apply
- Accounting Technician – Scott County CDA (deadline 3/2)
- Executive Director – Red Wing HRA (deadline 3/10)
- Community Development Manager – MHP (deadline 3/29)
- Executive Assistant – HousingLink (deadline 3/3)
- Maintenance Supervisory – Brainerd HRA (open until filled)