Position open until 2/23/24
Are you in search of an exhilaration career dedicated to safe and affordable housing in our community? The Itasca County Housing and Redevelopment Authority has the perfect job for you featuring attractive benefits, and a welcoming work environment.
This position will report to the HRA Executive Director and be a part of our management team. The position will designate a large portion of their time to management of the 390+ owned housing units.
- Act on behalf of the Executive Director in his/her absence.
- Plans, manages and oversees the operations of HRA managed housing projects including leasing function, recertifications, rent collections processes and tenant relations.
- Acts as a compliance officer to ensure the operation of HRA managed properties are in compliance with funder regulations and policies. This includes quality control monitoring of tenant files.
- Reviews, interprets, and implements policies and procedures to ensure compliance with local, state, and federal regulations.
- Assists the Executive Director in the development and implementation of agency policies and procedures.
- Assists the Executive Director in all activities relation to personnel administration including recruitment, selection, placement, classification, compensation, staff training, labor and employee relations and safety.
- Trains, supervises, and evaluations work performance of employees
- Assists the Executive Director in the development, implementation of short- and long-term operational agency goals.
- Researches, develops, maintains, and revises department forms, procedures, and control systems
- Conduct applicant, tenant, and program client grievance hearings and terminations
- Bachelor’s degree in business, Community Planning, public administration or related field.
- Affordable housing program experience specifically the federal Public Housing Program and Multi-Family programs
- Knowledge of Property Management, MN Landlord/Tenant Law
- Prior work at the Public Housing Authority preferred
- Required to obtain Public Housing Manager (PHM) Certification within on year of hire date.
Send a cover letter and resume to Dana Abbott at [email protected] by February 23rd, 2024