Closing date: 2/12/2024 11:59 PM Central
To apply and more info – click this link!
Minimum Qualifications of Education and Experience
Full salary range is $41.54 to $69.39. Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and four (4) years of full time, paid experience in a similar position as listed in the work functions. OR Master’s degree from an accredited college or university and three (3) years of full time, paid experience in a similar position as listed in the work functions. OR Combination of education and experience equivalent to eight (8) years of experience in a similar position as listed in the work functions.
Regular and reliable attendance is a necessary component of job/position. Individuals required to use County vehicles and equipment must have a valid driver’s license and be free of any major traffic violations for the last three (3) years.
Nature of Work
Under direct supervision, manages housing and redevelopment authority (HRA) programs, day-to-day operations and resources. Performs a variety of program administration functions including management and oversight of the Housing Choice Voucher Program and other rental assistance programs.
Examples of Work
- Manages the HRA’s housing assistance programs, ensures compliance with program rules, regulations and agreements, updates policies, plans and procedures.
- Recommends and authorizes hiring, transfer, suspension, promotion, discharge, assignments, rewards or discipline of employees, direction of the work and adjustment of other employees’ grievances on behalf of the employer.
- Reviews, analyzes and interprets program regulations, statutes and directives; ensures compliance with program and funding regulations and requirements.
- Administers grants, prepares and submits grant applications and funding requests.
- Gathers and analyzes data and prepares reports to assess the status of housing and redevelopment programs; reviews and reports monthly rental assistance utilization and housing occupancy.
- Assists in developing program budgets and manages program budgets according to financial and performance management objectives.
- Provides a high level of customer service; establishes and maintains. relationships/partnerships with program participants, County departments, property owners/managers and other government and social services agencies.
- Collaborates with the Housing Department Leadership Team to advance the strategic plan and overall vision.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Knowledge of housing and redevelopment related programs, rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Knowledge of personnel development, direction and supervision.
- Knowledge of Minnesota Landlord/Tenant laws, Minnesota Government Data Privacy Act and Federal and State Fair Housing laws.
- Skill in the use of computers and technology.
- Skill in written and verbal communication.
- Skill in writing and editing detailed reports and correspondence.
- Ability to make decisions which have financial and/or legal consequences and which involve technical complexity.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Ability to handle conflicts and respond to stressful situations in a calm effective manner.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently.
- Ability to prioritize without direct supervision, meet critical deadlines and maintain a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to lead a team and hold others accountable.
- Ability to track and maintain budgets.