St. Paul, MN
Position Open Until Filled
The Minnesota Homeownership Center (the Center) in St. Paul, MN seeks a dynamic and strategic
President & CEO who is committed to advancing the Center’s mission to promote and advance
successful homeownership in Minnesota, with an emphasis on serving those facing the greatest barriers
to homeownership—namely, lower income households and communities of color.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the President & CEO works collaboratively within the organization
and across the networks of partners in Minnesota, providing leadership to sustain the Center’s vision to
close the racial homeownership gap in the state. The Center has propelled bold and innovative
solutions framed through the 2020 – 2024 Strategic Plan: Go Bold. Go Home. The Board will look
to the CEO to build on accomplishments and impact shaped through the current plan and collaboratively
lead internally and externally to envision, plan for, and implement new innovations and strategies to
eliminate the racial gap in homeownership across Minnesota.
- Build on the Center’s history of work to facilitate equitable access to successful and sustainable
homeownership, propel bold and innovative solutions, and deliver results that contribute to
closing the racial homeownership gap in Minnesota.
- Leverage the Center’s commitment to engaging diverse partners and hearing diverse
perspectives in advancing a human-centered design approach to systems change.
- Develop, strengthen, and steward inclusive and collegial relationships across industry sectors;
mobilize advocates; and influence innovation through cross-sector partnerships.
- Sustain the passion for and dedication to mission impact by building on the culture of trust,
shared leadership, and inclusiveness with the staff and Board to advance mission.
Vision & Planning
- Understand and support the implementation of near-term strategies through 2024 to sustain
impact through the current plan’s three directives: empower customers, transform traditional
industry practices, and drive advocacy efforts.
- Collaborate with the Board and staff to lead and implement a new long-term planning process
that aligns with the Center’s vision, reflects the current homeownership landscape in the state,
and develops innovative solutions through the Center’s roles as funder, capacity-builder,
innovator, and advocate.
The President & CEO, working collaboratively with a talented, high performing 9-person staff, will lead
the Center’s work externally to bridge industry sectors, develop and sustain cross-sector partnerships,
influence advocacy, and advance transformational practices and strategies. Primary responsibilities
- Serving as a thought leader on homeownership issues, programming, and policy.
- Leading with a racial equity lens, work with the Board and staff to affirm the future vision of the
Center and develop strategies to achieve that vision.
- Representing the Center, serving as liaison to community partners, speaking with legislative
leaders, and providing external communication (meetings with community partners, media,
speaking engagements, and advocacy/legislative testimony opportunities).
- Cultivating, stewarding, and strengthening relationships across sectors and identifying
opportunities for new strategies with partnerships that will advance the goal of closing the racial
homeownership gap in the state.
- Maintaining a working knowledge of the political and economic landscape impacting equitable
access to successful and sustainable homeownership to identify innovative strategies for the
- Fostering and inspiring a diverse,
Experience and Attributes
Successful candidates for this position will demonstrate an ability to quickly integrate into the
organization and understand the Center’s work and role in impacting the affordable homeownership landscape in Minnesota. The Center is seeking candidates with a variety of experience and attributes
with emphasis on the following:
Background & Experience
- 10+ years of experience with progressive responsibility in affordable housing, homeownership,
and/or community development.
- Passion and deep commitment to understanding the systemic barriers to homeownership;
commitment to racial equity and justice.
- Demonstrated experience working with community partners (agencies, businesses, and
nonprofits) and ability to maintain partnerships with diverse organizations and individuals.
- Grounded understanding of the homeownership space; working knowledge of regulatory
environment, real estate lending, housing counseling, and/or products, processes, and services
provided by housing industry participants for homeownership.
- Proven nonprofit leadership and management experience in an organization of similar scale and
- Familiarity and experience working within Minnesota’s homeownership ecosystem a plus.
Benefits and Perks
The Center has established a salary range of $150,000 – $170,000 and offers a comprehensive benefits
package including health, dental, life, and unemployment insurance; paid holidays (10) and paid time
off; 401(k) retirement; and reimbursement for job training and professional development opportunities.
To apply, upload resume and cover letter which conveys your interest in this leadership opportunity by
clicking here. Please contact Shreya Mahatwo at [email protected] if you experience
technical difficulties submitting your materials or if you are a qualified candidate with a disability and
require an accommodation to complete your application. No other application materials will be reviewed
at this time. Resume reviews begin immediately.