Position open until filled.
Salary – Full-time, non-exempt $24.65 to $28.58 per hour (depending on qualifications)
Work Hours – The typical work hours for this position are 7:00 a.m. through 5:30 p.m. Monday– Thursday. Additional hours, evenings and weekends may be required as assigned.
- Updates the status of applicants on the housing application waiting lists.
- Prepares documents, and mails requests for information to verify eligibility requirements of housing applicants, criminal history, income verification, allowable, expenses etc.
- Schedules and conducts housing applicant interviews, Prepares, hands out and receives application packets and reviews applications for completeness, both public and Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) programs.
- Carries out applicant selection and placement and completes all documentation, the applicant selection process; leases, move-in/move-out inspections and forms, etc.
- Maintains housing applicant and tenant files.
- Responsible for Public Housing and HCV Annual Recertification’s.
- Assists in collecting rent and repayment agreement payments from active and inactive Rural Development, Public Housing and HCV tenants and records these in all appropriate logs and receipt books.
- Responds to after-hours emergency situations (evenings, weekends, Holidays, etc.) as requested or when deemed necessary and appropriate.
- Follows procedures as outlined in written protocols established by the HRA targeted to the goal of improving unit turn-around time to an acceptable time frame.
- Assists the Executive Director and other HRA staff as needed and performs other duties as required.
- Works effectively with staff, tenants, applicants, and members of the general public in a manner that is conducive to a positive work environment and represents the HRA in a favorable manner.
- Lifts and/or carries up to 25 pounds
- The individual in this position must be at least eighteen years of age and possess a valid motor vehicle operator’s license.
- The position requires an associate degree or higher education level in Secretarial Science, Business, or other related area (two years’ experience in Housing related employment and/or other relevant experience will be considered in lieu of a college degree).
- Position requirements also include computer literacy, the capability of handling stressful situations and sometimes difficult individuals, good oral and written communication skills, and the ability to understand and interpret written regulations, and the ability/willingness to work effectively in a team-oriented environment with staff and members of the general public who come from a wide range of economic and racial and ethnic backgrounds.
- All HRA employees must meet requirements of being covered by a dishonesty bond.
- All HRA employees must submit to and successfully complete a background check prior to employment with the agency.
- Benefits Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance, 401(a), PTO
How to Apply
Send resume and three professional references to:
- Albert Lea HRA
- ATTN: Sandra Sanchez
- 800 4th Ave South
- Albert Lea, MN 56007
- Or email to: [email protected]
- Or fax: 507-373-0991
- No telephone calls please
- Resumes will be accepted until position is filled.