REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS due 6/29/2022
The Rice County Housing and Redevelopment Authority (HRA) is soliciting proposals for a developer of single-family homes for sale in Faribault, MN. The goal of this project is to create a mixed-income neighborhood that would include at least 6 homes that will be affordable to modest income, first time homebuyer families. In partnership with Rice County and Three Rivers Community Action, Inc. the selected housing developer/builder will join a planning team that will assemble a funding package that includes an application to Minnesota Housing Finance
Agency (MHFA) in July 2022 for down payment assistance and value gap financing, as well as County/City local resources. This project will play a key role in meeting the needs of families in the Faribault workforce that are seeking homeownership opportunities that they can afford.
Scope of Work
The successful project will create the following:
● Provide affordable housing opportunities for persons and large families up to 115% area median income
● Encourage the most efficient use of the location
● Establish a quality of sustainable design that will set a standard for future development in the area and integrates well with the current surroundings
● Create a project that contributes to the goal of workforce housing community
● Implement innovative solutions/alternatives to address and reduce construction costs and ongoing maintenance for homebuyers
1. The complete submission in response to this RFP must be delivered to the HRA as both an electronic Word and PDF files. Email to [email protected]
2. Proposals must be received at the HRA office on or before 4:00 p.m. on June 29th, 2022.
3. A complete submission must include:
● Narrative response to RFP
● Brief statement of qualifications, including summary of key personnel who would be assigned to the project
● Information for the firm’s primary contact including phone number and email address
● List of references for similar projects (minimum of three references)
● Certificate of professional liability or other required/requested insurance coverage
● Architectural Plans/Specs
4. Rice County HRA reserves the right to accept or reject any or all proposals, to waive any defects or to advertise for new proposals where the acceptance, rejections, waiving or advertising of such would be in the County’s best interest. The HRA reserves the right not to award contracts to the lowest and most responsive offeror, and may reject all Proposals without cause and require new proposals.
5. Only sealed, hard copy proposals received by the HRA will be accepted; proposals submitted by telephone, telegram, facsimile machines or e-mail are not acceptable. Proposals received in advance of the due date will be kept secure and unopened. No proposal received after the due date and time will be considered and will be returned unopened.