APPLY BY 3/20/2023
The Douglas County Housing and Redevelopment Authority (Douglas County HRA) provides affordable housing services to both Douglas and Pope Counties in West Central Minnesota.
Rehabilitation Coordinator’s Job Overview:
The rehabilitation coordinator will be required to work onsite at the Douglas County HRA office and report directly to the Executive Director. Responsibilities include the direct management of the financial assistance programs available for low to moderate income individuals who are residing in substandard housing. This position also oversees financial assistance to commercial and rental property owners. This program can provide upgrades to properties, helping them to meet code requirements and design standards. Programs may include, but are not limited to, the Minnesota Housing Finance Agency Rehabilitation and Emergency Loan programs, Rural Development Housing Preservation Grant and the Small Cities Development Program as well as the Down Payment Assistance Program. Local and regional travel will be required.
- Conducts outreach by advertising the programs available and obtaining referrals from current clients and partner organizations.
- Prepares and receives applications from clients and determines eligibility requirements are met and aligns client with the appropriate program to meet the need.
- Conducts onsite inspections of the building, prepares work-write up of necessary repairs based on the inspection reports, coordinates bidding process.
- Prepares and submits loan documents
- Oversees the pre-construction conferences and follow up inspection for work completion.
- Enforces program requirements and contracts between owners and contractors in accordance with applicable laws and ordinances.
- Prepares and submits reports as well as grant applications by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data collected.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Attendance to training events either in person or virtually.
Work hours are Monday through Thursday 8:00 to 4:30 and Fridays 8:00 to 4:00. The salary range for this position is $37,000.00 to $52,000.00, in keeping with consideration of experience and qualifications. In addition, the Douglas County HRA offers a competitive comprehensive benefit package that consists of health insurance, retirement plan, health savings account, and vacation package.
Rehabilitation Coordinators Qualifications / Skills:
- Motivation and marketing skills
- Construction management background or construction project experience
- Familiarity with applicable local, state, and federal construction codes
- High level of organization and attention to detail
- Competence with office management software
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- Driver’s license (Required)
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent
- 2+ years’ experience in Project or Construction Management preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or equivalent experience a plus
- Housing Quality Standards Certification or similar training a plus
- Lead Risk Assessor or Lead Supervisor certification a plus
- Solid knowledge of office software such as Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word
Douglas County HRA is committed to social, racial, gender, and economic justice and strongly encourages women, veterans, persons with disabilities, and individuals who identify as BIPOC or LGBTQ to apply. The organization will begin reviewing applications March 20, 2023 and invites interested candidates to send an electronic letter of introduction and résumé to [email protected], or a hard copy to the Douglas County HRA, Attn: Emajean Hanson-Ford, Box 965, Alexandria, MN 56308.