Minnesota Housing is hiring! We are seeking a candidate that will provide strategic direction and implementation oversight to the state of Minnesota’s Low-Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) program. The position will lead the development of the annual review of the Qualified Allocation Plan that establishes the state of Minnesota’s LIHTC funding priorities and program policies, and will manage overall implementation of the LIHTC program.
This position supervises a group of employees, and will work to ensure that team members are cross-trained on key functions of the program’s administration. You’ll have the opportunity to work with a great team of professionals and collaborate with other Agency teams that create and preserve affordable multifamily rental housing for Minnesotans.
Essential Job Duties
- Supervise a team of three employees. This involves providing guidance, leadership, communication, support, and training to the team, and assisting staff with LIHTC program questions and issues.
- Responsible for the overall coordination, implementation and management of the program to ensure that, from project selection to 8609, all LIHTCs are allocated in accordance with the applicable Qualified Allocation Plan (QAP), state statute and Internal Revenue Code (IRC) requirements.
- Ensures annual IRS reporting is performed in an accurate and timeline manner.
- Oversees LIHTC application rounds and scoring processes.
- Supervise LIHTC policy and program development.
- Represents the Agency locally and nationally on the LIHTC program.
- One year of experience as a supervisor, manager, team lead, or other informal leadership role.
- Four (4) years of program management experience, which should include working knowledge of the LIHTC program, Qualified Allocation
- Plan requirements, and the Internal Revenue Code regulations that govern the program.
- Experience with state and federal laws related to housing finance and real estate transactions.
- Working knowledge of project underwriting and an in-depth understanding of affordable multifamily housing real estate transactions, lending, policy and program administration.
- Experience developing and implementing policies, procedures and program changes.
- Experience in interpreting and working with legal documents, including tax credit agreements (reservation agreements, carryover agreements, 8609s and 42Ms).
- Knowledge of housing supply and market conditions.
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business administration, public administration, planning, real estate or a related field.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and bring a problem-solving approach to a wide variety of tasks.
- Ability to lead both strategically as well as master programmatic details.
Annual Salary Range
$37.64 – $53.88/hourly; $78,592 – $112,501/annually
This position requires successful completion of the following:
Job related Criminal Background Checks.
Requires occasionally lifting and/or carrying such articles as file folders, ledgers, and small tools. A certain amount of walking and standing is often necessary in carrying out job duties.
External candidates should click here to apply or copy and paste this text into your browser: https://careers.mn.gov/psp/hcm92apc/MNCAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=1001&JobOpeningId=48088&PostingSeq=1&languageCd=ENG
Internal candidates should go to Employee Self Service > Careers and search for Job ID 48088.
Why Choose Minnesota Housing?
Our culture consists of passionate, mission-driven employees focused on delivering the best programs possible to help Minnesotans access safe, affordable housing. We invest in our employees’ futures by providing a variety of professional development opportunities. We’re committed to providing employees with work-life balance by offering many work schedule options, flexible schedules and limited overtime. That’s why our average employee tenure is 11 years.
At Minnesota Housing, we know that affordable housing is an essential part of Minnesota’s infrastructure. When you work here, you’re helping to build stronger communities. We also have a national reputation as one of the finest housing finance agencies in the country.
Our top notch benefits include extremely inexpensive health insurance for employees and dependents, generous vacation and sick leave plans, eleven holidays per year, and tuition assistance. We offer a defined benefit pension plan with a guaranteed, life-long benefit based on tenure plus pre-tax and ROTH options to supplement the pension. For more information, visit our website at www.mnhousing.gov.
Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer
This information can be made available in alternative formats to individuals with disabilities by calling (651) 259.3637 or (651) 282.2699 (TTY).