APPLY BY 3/20/2023
The Douglas County Housing and Redevelopment Authority (Douglas County HRA) provides affordable housing services to both Douglas and Pope Counties in West Central Minnesota. The organization owns 28 public housing units throughout Douglas County, 4 apartment buildings (total of 39 units), and 6 duplexes. Douglas County HRA’s mission is to “provide safe, comfortable, and affordable housing; economic opportunity; and a suitable living environment free from discrimination”.
Property Manager Job Overview:
The property manager will be required to work onsite at the Douglas County HRA office and report directly to the Executive Director. Responsibilities include the direct management and oversight of assigned residential rental properties. The properties can include fair market rental units and rental assistance project-based units. Local and regional travel will be required at times.
- Maintains property rentals by advertising and filling vacancies, negotiating and enforcing leases, and maintaining and securing premises.
- Establishes rental rates.
- Attracts tenants by advertising vacancies, obtaining referrals from current tenants, explaining advantages of location and services, and showing units.
- Contracts with tenants by negotiating leases and collecting security deposits.
- Accomplishes financial objectives by collecting rents, forecasting requirements, assisting the financial officer in preparing an annual budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective action.
- Maintains property by investigating and resolving tenant complaints, enforcing rules of occupancy, inspecting vacant units and planning renovations, contracting with landscaping and snow removal services.
- Maintains building systems by scheduling maintenance services and approving repairs.
- Enforces lease requirements and occupancy policies and procedures in accordance with applicable laws and ordinances. Including handling eviction notices and court appearances as needed.
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Attendance to training events either in person or virtually.
Work hours are Monday through Thursday 8:00 to 4:30 and Fridays 8:00 to 4:00 onsite at the Douglas County HRA office. The salary range for this position is $37,000.00 to $52,000.00, in keeping with consideration of experience and qualifications. In addition, the Douglas County HRA offers a competitive comprehensive benefit package that consists of health insurance, retirement plan, health savings account, and vacation package.
Property Manager Qualifications / Skills:
- Motivation and marketing skills
- Familiarity with applicable local, state, and federal housing laws and regulations
- High level of organization and attention to detail
- Competence with office management software
- Internal communications
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- Driver’s license (required)
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or equivalent experience preferred
- 3-5 years experience in property management or sales preferred
- 1-3 years’ public housing, or similar subsidized, housing experience a plus
- Housing Quality Standards Certification or similar training a plus
- Solid knowledge of office software such as Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word
Douglas County HRA is committed to social, racial, gender, and economic justice and strongly encourages women, veterans, persons with disabilities, and individuals who identify as BIPOC or LGBTQ to apply. The organization will begin reviewing applications March 20, 2023 and invites interested candidates to send an electronic letter of introduction and résumé to [email protected], or a hard copy to the Douglas County HRA, Attn: Emajean Hanson-Ford, Box 965, Alexandria, MN 56308.